Monday, March 31, 2014

womans studies class

I was moved by this photo today when we were engaging in conversation during class. This photo means so much to me as a woman, especially a woman studying Violence Against Women. The courage and determination this young woman has to make a point is breathtaking. I am truly inspired. 1 in 4 woman are victims of sexual assault and this is more than a courageous female protesting, this is a statement for the movement, and I will use this example for the rest of my studies in years to come.


1 comment:

  1. I have seen this photo before, along with a series of other powerful victims and their stories, and the courage these women have never ceases to amaze me. Never are the clothes or lack of clothes on a woman's back an excuse for sexual assault, which is why when the rebuttal "she was asking for it" is used, I actually want to throw some punches. I enrolled in my first Gender/Women Studies class this semester and it has inspired me to fulfill my minor in this subject!! I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete