Monday, February 24, 2014

Life of a waitress

I work on the east side of providence and the other day I had a man order his filet at 140 degrees. He did not order it medium or medium rare he orderd it at 140 degrees. As he sipped on his distilled bottled Aqua Panna water. When I checked on his meal after his first bite he screamed my meat is overcooked. I simply responded "I am so sorry I will take care of it right away". As I picked up the plate he hacked all of the food that was in his mouth on to the plate. EW! How does one expect me to act like a professional. I was disgusted. My instant thoughts were WHO RAISED YOU ?! This was by far one of the most outrageous experiences I have ever had as a waitress .... Especially working at a fine dinning establishment on the easy side. People amaze me daily.

5 comments:

  1. Yech! What an awful experience. And yet, even with the original order, it seems this customer was already preparing to complain. If you're that particular about the temperature of your steak, I recommend you cook it yourself at home! And lastly, having lived in various Providence neighborhoods (including the east side) over the past 25 years, I think I get a pass when I say that there's a higher percentage of snotty, demanding people there than in other parts of town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so rude of that man! Seriously, he should have been thankful that you were willing to put up with his "140 degrees" bologna. To spit it in the plate as you're taking it away is just disrespectful. Maybe he'll get overcooked meat for the rest of his life. One can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work in the food industry as well, and some people's behavior is so disgusting in general. Some people forget that their servers and people waiting on them are people too. People don't mess with there food, but I would never think of treating another human the way some people treat me at my job.

    #FoodIndustryProblems

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you here, Morgan! I work on the east side, too, at Tealuxe on Thayer st. Working in the food industry is like no other. My dad is a dentist and he says even his hardest days as a dentist don't even match his easiest days as a waiter. It is patience testing work, but you learn so much about the world from it at the same time. The way people act outside of the home/professional setting... interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete